- It’s based on territory based identity.
- Author cite three historical moments of nationalizing federalism.
o Original view of Confederation.
o English-Canadian Social Democrats, 1930-1960s.
o Trudeau’s Liberal View, 1970s-1980s.
- Federalism was apparently one of the causes of conflicts.
- Apparently, we borrowed the idea of federalism from the United States.
- Why would the founders of Canada choose a federal model based on what was
happening on something else?
o We have a federal government where a federation should exist with very
- When we look at the Confederation deal, we have to understand some details of the
Constitution as well.
o MacDonald thought that feds should be strong while provinces should be
- First National Policy:
o British Columbia entered Confederation because of a railway.
o To indigenous domestic manufacturers, it was important to
- Imperial component
o Federal powe