Forgiving African Debt
March-01-13 9:34 AM
Canada's contribution to African debt.
- One of the ways to aid Africa is to forgive African debt.
- Canada's debt, as bad as it is, it is sustainable for Canada.
○ Apparently, we are worse off than Greece.
○ Despite this, we are a model country, apparently.
○ Canada's debt expenditures are about 11% of the budget.
Spending on social programs (child benefits, etc.) is about 25%.
Military spending is about 1% of GDP, but it is 8% of the budget.
- Under Paul Martin, Canada tried to advance the idea that one of the best things