March 18, 2013 (The Prime Minister)
March-18-13 9:34 AM
- The rise was slow, but over time, prime ministers always wielded enormous
power over foreign policy.
- It varies greatly based on mental focus and amount on the part of the prime
- Example: Diefenbaker sublimated foreign policy around domestic issues.
- Prime ministers would not often be at international meetings with leaders of the
- In the last few decades, we have seen a larger number of commitments that
require face-to-face meetings with international leaders.
○ Face time! You get to hang