PSY 120 Lecture Notes - Autonomic Nervous System, Startle Response, Emotion Work

26 views3 pages
School
Department
Course

Document Summary

[second part from beginning of january 28 2010 notes] If i change my thoughts, i can change my mood . Experience of emotion depends on two factors. We feel emotions when we can label the psychological changes but may not always be accurate. The explanation that people make of their own and others peoples behaviours. Your interpretation of behaviour generates the emotional response. How you explain the outcome of winning a silver medal instead of gold. You view of self attributes to how you perceive things. Relates to upwards and downwards social comparisons, complex emotions, and our ability to feel conflicting emotions at the same time. Cognitive affect emotions, and emotional states affect cognitions. Some emotions [mostly primary] require only simple cognitions or may involve conditioned responses. Cognitive and emotional developments occur together, become more complex with age and experience. Cognitive therapy attempts to change emotions by changing cognitions.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers