ARBUS202 Lecture Notes - Lecture 6: Category Mistake, Kenneth Arrow, Public Morality

23 views3 pages

Document Summary

Drivers form a human chain to save someone. Surgeo(cid:374) ad(cid:373)its to (cid:271)ra(cid:374)di(cid:374)g i(cid:374)itials o(cid:374) patie(cid:374)ts" li(cid:448)ers: our actions are constrained by ethics, our actions as disruptive innovators are constrained by ethics, be creative, inventive, disruptive but be ethical. Ethics of morality: ethics tells to think about particular other. Capabiltiies approach: 10 things for a goof life. Is a wrong question: which moral theory do i adhere to. Which moral theories do my colleagues adhere to. In this course we will adopt the pragmatic stance of moral pluralism. This is specific to morality of culture, people, time and place. The refor(cid:373)ers" dile(cid:373)(cid:373)a: whe(cid:374) you are going against the set morality of your day, then you are immoral. But when it is a different time and place, your moral properties might be right. If we keep narrowing the context, we end up with individualism. We cannot talk with any kind of confidence of anyone agreeing with you.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers