BIOL462 Lecture Notes - Lecture 10: Ecological Engineering, Ecohydrology, Ecotechnology

110 views2 pages

Document Summary

2- ecosystem technology: design of sustainable natural and artificial ecosystems that integrate human society with its natural environment for the benefit of both. 4- ecological engineering monitoring and indirect strategies environmental engineering actually going out there and changing shit. 7- phytoremediation: use plants to remove toxic substances from water and soil. 8- ecohydrology: combo ecology and hydrological principles used to achieve sound environmental management. Ecosystems used to reduce or solve a pollution problem that otherwise would be harmful to other ecosystems. Ecosystems are imitated or copied to reduce or solve a problem ( Ecosystem used for site recovery after major disturbances ( Existing ecosystems are modified in an ecological sound way to solve a problem ( Wetlands for diffuse pollution (open water for wetland) Surface mine restoration, mine tailings; mine tailings; gravel pits and quarries recovery of hazardous waste site. You"re shifti(cid:374)g the food (cid:272)hai(cid:374)- adding or taking out- human or natural ex.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers