MUSIC100 Lecture Notes - Lecture 7: Holy, Holy, Holy, Busta Rhymes, Medieval Music

91 views3 pages

Document Summary

Renaissance (1400-1600 from a musical point of view) Names: leonardo, michelangelo, donatello, raphael (the ninja turtles), botticelli, luther, machiavelli. Looked to the future and the past (cid:894)(cid:862)(cid:272)lassi(cid:272)al(cid:863) (cid:272)i(cid:448)ilizatio(cid:374)s of gree(cid:272)e a(cid:374)d ro(cid:373)e, re(cid:374)e(cid:449)ed i(cid:374)terest i(cid:374) science and philosophy (aristotle, plato, poetry of ovid, etc. People in the renaissance (cid:862)re(cid:374)aissa(cid:374)(cid:272)e me(cid:374)(cid:863) individuals who developed expertise in a number of fields. Leonardo da vinci painter, sculptor, musician, engineer, and scientist: michelangelo, donatello, raphael, botticelli. King henry vii of england founded the anglican movement when he refused to accept the supremacy of the pope in rome. New lands were discovered by europeans: new world (americans) Economic and commercial expansion took place in europe. Large middle class was formed: middle class became educated because of availability in books. Social: most educated people could either play an instrument or sing from written music, women are accepted as performers, but not as composers. Career/work: professional musicians included composers and performers.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers