PD12 Lecture Notes - Lecture 1: Aiesec, Problem Solving

62 views1 pages
Problem solving: Short reflection
Problem-solving is an excellent way to demonstrate how to utilize the given resources
available to achieve a particular goal. My most significant and impactful problem-solving
experience would be my time on AIESEC Waterloo. AIESEC is an organization striving to develop
leadership in youth today by sending them abroad to find opportunities in volunteering or
internship, and also to exchange cultures with outer countries. Last year I was given the
opportunity to attend an AIESEC conference where I spoke on stage to hundreds of people
about the problem of member miscommunication between different AIESEC committees. I
remember saying, "guys, we are trying to exchange culture and communicate on an
international basis, how can we do that if we can't even communicate back at home in this
organization?" After I had asked this question, I proposed a solution to be implemented right
away, which is to have our members attend other committee's meetings. I wanted them to
learn about other members' struggles and view it from an outsider's perspective. Only then, we
will truly learn and understand how to help and communicate with one another. As a result,
AIESEC Waterloo became one of the top performing AIESEC in Ontario despite the fact that we
only started three years ago. Problem-solving ability is highly valued by my employers because
as accountants, we regularly face problems with our company's accounting reconciliations and
with our clients. The goal of our business is to demonstrate excellence internally and externally.
Internally, we want to be efficient and effective with our operations while externally, we want
to showcase competence to our client and bring them useful results. Therefore, to be able to
resolve any service issues with the resources given and bring joy to the clients is what I can
demonstrate in the workplace.
-Billy Han
find more resources at oneclass.com
find more resources at oneclass.com
Unlock document

This preview shows half of the first page of the document.
Unlock all 1 pages and 3 million more documents.

Already have an account? Log in

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class