PD12 Lecture Notes - Lecture 10: Netflix

48 views1 pages
Unit 10
The SMART goal that I would refer to Kiran in her case with the Netflix addictions is simply a way to
otrol her desires to ige ath shos o Netfli. This goal is etreel Speifi eause all I’ trig
to do is to restrict her time watching Netflix in a scheduled manner and I will take over her account if
she goes past the limit. The reason why she binge-watches Netflix on the weekend is that she feels like it
is soethig she has eared  studig eer eekda. It’s ot a effetive rewards system because of
how the reward of Netflix watch time is allocated. If she watches an episode a day during the weekdays,
and maybe two or three episodes a day during the weekends, it will bring a greater satisfaction overall.
The total watch time will still be lesser than her current binge watch time. This goal is measurable
because I will prepare time sheets for her to fill in and regularly monitor her Netflix account to ensure
she is folloig the rules. This goal is attaiale eause I do’t need to provide her any resources for
her to ahiee it sie all I’ trig to do is to trai her self-discipline and perseverance abilities. This
goal is relevant to her priorities because by cutting down Netflix time, she will be able to attend her first
aid training course and the commit five hours a week to the hospital. Depending on how her schedule
will be with respect to her school work and hospital volunteer, I can either grant her more time or take
away time for Netflix. This goal is time bounded eause I’ll ake sure that she adapts to a etter Netfli
schedule by the time she starts volunteering at the hospital. Again, depending on the actual
circumstances, I will speed up or slow down the process. This SMART goal will help my friend better
manage her time and have a positive mental effect on her satisfaction. It will provide more free time for
her to do what she needs to get gone. This goal will be prioritized because not only will it help her
achieve her medical dream, but it will set her life on a straight path with whatever she will encounter in
the future. For example, if she decides to have a better sleeping schedule and not watch Netflix before
bed. Her self-discipline will let her accomplish greater things as she ventures down the medical road. It
will keep her eyes focused on the price instead of getting distracted by valueless entertainment such as
Netflix.
find more resources at oneclass.com
find more resources at oneclass.com
Unlock document

This preview shows half of the first page of the document.
Unlock all 1 pages and 3 million more documents.

Already have an account? Log in

Document Summary

The smart goal that i would refer to kiran in her case with the netflix addictions is simply a way to (cid:272)o(cid:374)trol her desires to (cid:271)i(cid:374)ge (cid:449)at(cid:272)h sho(cid:449)s o(cid:374) netfli(cid:454). This goal is e(cid:454)tre(cid:373)el(cid:455) spe(cid:272)ifi(cid:272) (cid:271)e(cid:272)ause all i"(cid:373) tr(cid:455)i(cid:374)g to do is to restrict her time watching netflix in a scheduled manner and i will take over her account if she goes past the limit. The reason why she binge-watches netflix on the weekend is that she feels like it is so(cid:373)ethi(cid:374)g she has ear(cid:374)ed (cid:271)(cid:455) stud(cid:455)i(cid:374)g e(cid:448)er(cid:455) (cid:449)eekda(cid:455). It"s (cid:374)ot a(cid:374) effe(cid:272)tive rewards system because of how the reward of netflix watch time is allocated. If she watches an episode a day during the weekdays, and maybe two or three episodes a day during the weekends, it will bring a greater satisfaction overall. The total watch time will still be lesser than her current binge watch time.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers