PD12 Lecture Notes - Lecture 12: Socalled, Neurosurgery, Financial Statement

90 views6 pages
Bin H. Han
March 27th, 2017
Co-op Term Report 1
Page 1
Briefing
This work term I worked at Synaptive Medical as their first finance co-op. Synaptive
Medical specializes in neurosurgery and is one of the fastest growing companies in its
respective industry. It was a start-up not many years ago, and now it has over many
different locations established around the world. My position here is a cost accountant
co-op, ad I hae’t touched this kind of studies since over a year ago. However, I felt I
would be capable of up taking this position since I excelled in the course of Managerial
Accounting when I was enrolled in it. I worked over a vast range of tasks. My
responsibilities varied from setting up suppliers for the company to reconciling errors on
the financial statements such as the balance sheet or Income statement. Most of my
work revolved around Excel which made me realized how important Excel is for the
office work environment. The primary system that I operated on includes all of the
company's departments such as Finance, marketing, sales, engineering, etc. This system
helped e isualize the etire proess of the opa’s operatios ad proedures.
Sometimes, when I finished my work reconciling different reports in Excel, I helped my
co-workers who became my friends in the other departments. By working on a variety
of tasks have helped me to see things in many different perspectives and made me truly
appreciate the contribution to personal growth that every position in this company
offers.
find more resources at oneclass.com
Unlock document

This preview shows pages 1-2 of the document.
Unlock all 6 pages and 3 million more documents.

Already have an account? Log in
Bin H. Han
March 27th, 2017
Co-op Term Report 1
Page 2
Insight
Throughout this job, I was able to experience the meaning of teamwork and leadership
further. The selling point of my resume before coming to this job was that I emphasized
on my teamwork and leadership abilities. I thought that no matter under what
circumstance, I would be able to motivate and empower others to achieve their goals
and be successful. I was delusional of wanting to be a hero that shines in the darkest
ties. I as rog after oig to this orkplae ad I’ glad that  rogfuless
was brought to light and changed my mentality of viewing teamwork and leadership. I
ca’t pi  learig eperiee do to just oe situatio ut hiheer eaple I
use, it will qualify to let me express my gratitude towards my work experience. When I
first arried to Saptie Medial, I did’t ko athig aout the sstes that ere
utilized here. Thus, I learned from scratch and was guided step by step along the way.
Soon after, I began to become more comfortable and proficient with many different
operations. After acquiring such confidence, I began to try demonstrating my leadership
and teamwork. I started to set up meetings, offer help to multiple people on different
areas of work. Most of the times, it turned out well and both parties were satisfied. I
would feel this great sense of accomplishment and satisfaction. Soon after, I realized
that people began to become reluctant of accepting my help. This brought confusion
upo self eause h ould’t aoe aept help to ease their lies? Oertie, I
began to observe the teamwork of my co-workers and see how they functioned
together. It differed between individuals but the outcomes were similar- they both
Unlock document

This preview shows pages 1-2 of the document.
Unlock all 6 pages and 3 million more documents.

Already have an account? Log in

Document Summary

This work term i worked at synaptive medical as their first finance co-op. Medical specializes in neurosurgery and is one of the fastest growing companies in its respective industry. It was a start-up not many years ago, and now it has over many different locations established around the world. My position here is a cost accountant co-op, a(cid:374)d i ha(cid:448)e(cid:374)"t touched this kind of studies since over a year ago. However, i felt i would be capable of up taking this position since i excelled in the course of managerial. I worked over a vast range of tasks. My responsibilities varied from setting up suppliers for the company to reconciling errors on the financial statements such as the balance sheet or income statement. Most of my work revolved around excel which made me realized how important excel is for the office work environment.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers