Notice any mistakes in the notes? Let me know via an instant msg on the right ->
Are you a good notes-taker?
Looking for a collaborator: e-mail me at [email protected]
1. Midterms Returned & Comments
2. A few final remarks about I.P.
3. Ethics of Advertising & Marketing: (Video + Lecture)
- Generally, very well done, esp. Case Study
- One more thing to go: Final Exam worth 55%.
- Take home; 1 week; Prof Orend grades it; non-cumulative with exception of Case Study
Every Monday. HH 327. 3:45pm - 5:15pm
E-Mail: [email protected]
(e.g. for soft copy of Q-Sheet)
2 I.P. Issues:
1. OxyContin (opiate, extremely addictive) patent expiring as we speak...
2. What of new tech, invented by employee, on company time / resources: who gets ownership?
Standard practice currently is to have employees sign away their intellectual property.
(Examples: switch / B2B software) Contracts transferring ownership of I.P. that you invent, to
them. Takeaway: negotiate for royalty instead of advance: 5% on profit per unit sold and take
half of advance offered.
Advertising & Marketing: Video: “Consuming Kids”:
On YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XSaaQjuuK0
(The clipped commercial in full: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NvJs3KNdkw)
- Cash in exchange for goods / services
- “Illegal Things”:
- Pyramid / Ponzi scheme
- Perpetual Sales (“Never buy furnitur