PLAN203 Lecture Notes - Lecture 15: Transportation Planning, Reduced Cost, Bicycle Parking

35 views9 pages

Document Summary

Week 8: active transportation modes (cycling, walking): vwfcid; measures of performance. Basic approach: identify every aspect of benefit and cost that the project could encounter in its lifetime, for each year of the project, assess the relevant benefit or cost and tabulate. You would argue that in 2026, i can"t do as much with as i can now: but important to recognize the process of discounting 10. 00 in. 2026 is not as good to me as 10. 00 today. Because i could take today, invest it wisely and even with inflation, i would likely end up with more than in 2026. Typical benefits the value" of outputs (either new or improved) income effects (national, regional, local, group) Economies of operation or production (including factor substitutions, returns to scale, smoothing of costs) improved health, safety, recreation improved values (of property, crops, resources) savings (in costs, time, resources) Who is paid (industry, level of government, group, etc. )

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers