Sensation and Perception
- show someone a picture, and see very different things.
-basic processes by which our sensory organs and nervous system respond to stimuli in
transforming physical stimuli into neural signals in the brain
- the matter in the world that has effect on the sensory organs
- subjective psychological perception or experience
- sensation is what we take from our environment and translating it into neural signal.
- perception is the
- physical characteristics of our stimuli + experience
- absolute threshold (detection threshold) - point of intensity at which a person ca just
detect the presence of a stimulus.
- different threshold - magnitude of the difference between two stimuli of differing
- proccess by which environment is activating cells and sending message to brain