Psychology
Course
PSYCH 101
Professor
Richard Ennis
Semester
Fall

Description
October 8 2013 Learning Associations John Locke - disociationist -we come into the world as a blank slate and experiences help determine behaviour patterns/personality. - "tabula rassa" Contiguity Learning "things that go together" Ivan Pavlov • Physiologist • found different foods produced different secretions • called psychic secretions because the dog would salivate even before he ate the food -this turned into classical conditioning: us= unconditioned stimulus (existing stimulus ) ur = unconditioned respnse ns = neutral stimulus cs = when paired it now becomes conditioned stimulus cr= conditioned response extinction - loss of cr spontaneous recovery - reacusation of pairing [Type text] [Type text] [Type text] Acquisition - paring us + cs Extinction - us alone 1. Generalization - conditioned responses triggered by related stimuli 2. Discrimination - learned ability to response only to specific stimuli Watson - father of behaviourism - does the little albert experiment Contingency Learning Thorndike - focussed on the behaviours we do and the consequences (law of effect) with the cats If i find myself in the same situation, i will parallel it with being good. moreover if its a bad state then contingent links are made with those situations/actions Skinner - used law of effect to train pigeons. by controlling outcomes we can ex. supply a consequence applying October 8 2013
More Less

Related notes for PSYCH 101

OR

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit