PSYCH 253 INTRODUCTION TO SOCIAL PSYCHOLOGY Sept. 9
What is Social Psychology?
Scientific study of how people’s thoughts, feelings, desires and behaviors are influenced by
real/imagined presence of other people in social contexts
- What affects the way we perceive ourselves and others?
- Do we know who we are and why we feel the way we do?
- Why do people often preform worse in groups than alone?
- Scientific study of love/relationships, what determines attractiveness
- Helping/harming behaviors
- Aggression: does exposure to TV violence trigger aggressive behavior?