PSYCH238 Lecture Notes - Lecture 10: Absenteeism, Job Satisfaction, Horse Length

56 views3 pages

Document Summary

The basic model: person (personality) think/feeling behaviour/performance. I tell a joke class groans = tell fewer jokes / tell a joke class laughs = more jokes. Work environment impacts you, you can change your work environment: good grades (behavioural outcomes), higher efficacy (person, personality) Your thoughts, beliefs about the attitude object: affective component. Your feelings, emotions toward the attitude object: behavioural component. How you behave toward the attitude object. Cognitive (belief): i think my ta is mean. Affective (feeling): i am afraid of my ta. Behavioural (action): when i see my ta in the halls i run away. Think + feel + act attitude behaviour. E. g. , job sat to absenteeism r = -. 15 to -. 25. Job sat to job performance r = . 11 to . 25. You might hold positive affect of a component to your attitude but a negative cognitive opponent. Value-percept theory: job satisfaction depends on whether you perceive that your job supplies the things that you value.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers