PSYCH257 Lecture Notes - Lecture 4: Occupational Therapy, Knowledge Translation, Dalhousie University

16 views7 pages

Document Summary

I am considering a career in healthcare: a) yes b) no. I am interested in pursuing a career in occupational therapy. A) it"s all i"ve ever wanted to do b) i"m considering it c) no chance. Ancient egypt: in ancient egypt, physical and mental illness were seen as the same thing had temples dedicated for the mentally ill. **************************** page 9***************************: in c. 100 bce, greek physician ascleipiades initiated humane treatment of patients with mental illness using therapeutic baths, massage, exercise, and music. Ancient rome: later, the roman celsus prescribed music, travel, conversation and exercise to his patients. History in canada: started to formally develop during. World war 1 (1914 - 1918) vocational training occupation was needed for patients who were bed ridden 6 week training program was started in the basement of a mining program at the university of toronto.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers