SOC101 Lecture Notes - Lecture 5: Ethnic Cleansing, False Consciousness, Postcolonialism

52 views4 pages
24 Aug 2018
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Race does not exist as a clear biological entity among humans. Often, there are more within-group differences than between-group differences. Racialization is a social process in which human groups are viewed and judged as different because of perceived differences in physical appearance. Other is outcasted- she is socially kicked out of society. You are not part of society because you are fringed out of the society because of your race. I(cid:374)dige(cid:374)ous people i(cid:374) the re(cid:272)e(cid:374)t past, ha(cid:448)e ofte(cid:374) (cid:271)ee(cid:374) a(cid:374)alysed as (cid:862)so(cid:272)ial pro(cid:271)le(cid:373)s(cid:863) i(cid:374) the (cid:373)edia (cid:374)ad academic research. Their voices have largely been rendered silent in academia. Indigenous (or aboriginal ) people are legally defined in canada. We assig(cid:374) the(cid:373) reser(cid:448)es (cid:449)here they should li(cid:448)e. they are separated from the rest of us. Rate of prisoning of the black is larger than the society prisoning as a whole. Japanese people are portrayed as barbaric, spies, etc. in the propaganda against them.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers