Class Notes (836,370)
Canada (509,757)
WS 222 (4)
Lecture

Gender Issues My notes are baller. I wouldn't have passed the course if I didn't go to class and take these.

3 Pages
Unlock Document

Department
Women's Studies
Course
WS 222
Professor
Shannon Dea
Semester
Fall

Description
Arguments of Article bell hooksCannot separate gender issues from raceclassTraditional feminism came from women with still a lot of freedoms it consisted of trulyoppressed groups of womenTraditional feminism excluded women who were actually opposed minorities and used them asa vehicle to get their point across but they werent really helping themIt was harder to make things better for all women as opposed to just specific groupsCertain womens voices were silenced from the mainstream assumption that all women becamesisters because they all shared in sufferings this is not trueWomens sufferings are different some suffer due to race due to gender discrimination economically ect all women naturally become sisters because they are all oppressed by genderbell hooks believed that this was not true she did not feel we were all connected due to gender discrimination Sisterhood is global Most cultures are Patrioticalbased off of the male modelWhen there is domination of one vision it is difficult to come up with new visions therefore it is
More Less

Related notes for WS 222

OR

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit