BIOL 121 (154)
Greg Bole (20)

Darwin's journal on the Beagle.docx

1 Page
Unlock Document

University of British Columbia
BIOL 121
Greg Bole

Darwin’s Journal October 17, 1833, It’s been a long time since I’ve written in my journal. I guess it’s partly because I’ve just been so intrigued with my findings on the Galapagos Islands that I just don’t feel like sitting down and writing. But of course, I must record my daily findings and events as they will be useful in the future. It has been almost two years since I first set sail on the HMS Beagle alongside Captain Robert Fitzroy. Our original objective was to take a voyage around the world to research and experience the vast diversities of life that lie within the planet Earth, and my o my, have our expectations been surpassed. Currently, our location is at one of the Galapagos Islands. At first, I just wanted to come here to observe the fauna that this particular region had, and compare it to those found in other parts of South America, but I sure got more than I asked for. In fact, I made a titanic discovery that did not pertain to faunas, but rather finches. I had previously acquired a finch from the other island, and I was shocked to discover another different species of finch in this island (although both are quite similar). At first, I was confused by my findings, but then,
More Less

Related notes for BIOL 121

Don't have an account?

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.