English (336)
ENGL 112 (77)
All (5)

Blog #1 Personal writing genre.docx

2 Pages
Unlock Document

University of British Columbia
ENGL 112

Blog Assignment 1 My current interaction with writing is informal The majority of my writing is done over Facebook emailing with my parents as they are not as technologically advanced as my friends and my professors or texting with my cellphone At this moment in my studies I am not completely comfortable with writing formal English papers I strive to achieve a higher level of writing and to use writing in more places than just Facebook and other social mediaThis is my first year of university and consequently I have been writing informally up to this point By writing over Facebook I can be subtle and nondescriptive Over text messages I feel that the shorter the better This means abbreviating certain words and using slang terms because face it nobody enjoys typing on the miniature keyboard provided on a phoneI tend to write more formally when sending emails I do so considering the audience that I am targeting This audience is either my parents or my professors When writing to my paren
More Less

Related notes for ENGL 112

Don't have an account?

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.