ENDS 221 September 6 Why are we in this state?
- The pace of climate change
- Two degree C is unavoidable
- 5 degrees and the world bakes
- In Canada and US, 80% of ppl live in cities
- Cities are 80% of the problem
- Low density sprawl is 80% of the city problem
- Greenhouse gases 3 sources: buildings, transportation, and personal
Canada's GHC Emission - driving and building are about 35%, but all
other categories are really to feed cities and city life.
- In US and Canada, GHG is coming from cities
- Livestock created methane. 23 times more damaging per unit than C