Family Studies
Course
FMST 210
Professor
Maria Weatherby
Semester
Summer

Description
Chapter 8 1 of 2I Key Terms related to Sex and GenderA InClass Video Sex Lies and Gender National Geographic 2009i Circle your level of agreement to the FOUR statements below prior to the video1Sex should be defined as a binary category ie as two mutually exclusive eitheror optionsStrongly agreeSomewhat agreeSomewhat disagreeStrongly disagreeI dont know2Gender should be defined as a binary categoryStrongly agreeSomewhat agreeSomewhat disagreeStrongly disagreeI dont know3An individuals gender identity should be congruent with their biological sexStrongly agreeSomewhat agreeSomewhat disagreeStrongly disagreeI dont know4An individuals gender identity is known at birthStrongly agreeSomewhat agreeSomewhat disagreeStrongly disagreeI dont know5An individuals gender identity is related to their sexual identity ie sexual orientationStrongly agreeSomewhat agreeSomewhat disagreeStrongly disagreeI dont knowii PostVideo Questions to DiscussJohn Money believes gender is learned What does this mean Why does Tiger Devore disagree 3 different assumptionssex 1 gender is unlearnedgender 2 gender is learned through parents actions mediamoneygender identity 3 gender is determined by our mindbrainpersonal identity devore josey did not idetidy with her biological sex Sex is a choice of the mind regardless of body typeWhat is the typical medical practice for infants born with ambiguous genitals Elective surgery to normalize the genitals Why is this practice now being reconsidered That these surgeries leave children ashamed infected and with psychological scars1
More Less

Related notes for FMST 210

OR

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit