Management Process Model
1. Identify problem, need, want and goal
2. Clarify values
3. Identify resources
4. Decide, plan, and implement
5. Accomplish goals, and evaluate
How am I managing my life?
- Where does the time go?
- What should I be doing with my life?
- How can I succeed?
- What in+uences my management decision?
Discussion & Report Bach
- What is family resource management?
- How does it compare to business management?
- What is desired outcome for each?
De/nitions of family resource management
- What is similar in the de/nitions presented in the next two
- What is unique?
- Which one best /ts your understanding of family resource
What is family resource management?
- Deacon and Firebaugh, 1975
o“Planning and implementing the use of resources to
- Goldsmith, 2002
o“process of using resources to achieve goals”
- it is an understanding of the decisions individuals and families
make about developing and allocating resources including
time, money, material assets, energy, friends, neighbors, and
space, to meet their goals. (Goldsmith, p.3)