GEOG 122 Lecture Notes - Lecture 6: Arms Industry, Geopolitics, Barter

13 views2 pages
25 Jan 2017
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Recycling of middle east petro-dollars after 1973. To western property markets (i. e. london), finance markets (i. e. To western property markets (i. e. london), finance markets (i. e. u. s. bonds, later: Citigroup, merill lynch bailouts by abu dhabi, kuwait, etc. Militarization of developing world re-orients global relations. Diffusion of force and rise of regional powers. Diffusion of technology: with state of the art weaponry (i. e. french mirage jets to argentina and. Iran 1970s-1980s, british tornados, typhoons to saudi arabia 1980s- 2006: the role of arms in the cold war superpower diplomacy (i. e. soviet arms in somalia, geography of exports & imports. Led by u. s. and ussr during cold war. The cases of france and britain and oil for arms deals. Also india and china/taiwan/south korea: phases in arms trade. Obsolete + surplus equipment + re-arming europe: european shatterbelt. More intentional sales especially in the east/south-east asia: asian shatterbelt. State of the art equipment especially to middle east shatterbelt.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers