LFS 250 Lecture Notes - Lecture 8: Sheffield Wednesday F.C., Systems Theory, Reductionism

57 views2 pages

Document Summary

Though i understood in theory the ideas behind multifunctionality, i was not convinced of its importance and applicability to real systems until i saw it behind all the inner workings of the ubc farm. I realised that in addition to each of the farm"s constituents being multifunctional, the farm as an individual entity was multifunctional. The utility of the chickens then allows the farm to be multifunctional in helping education and environment. These different layers of multifunctionality contribute and could not be effective without each other. The farm couldn"t be multifunctional without chickens and the chickens would lose a degree of utility if it were not for the farm"s outreach. This example of the relationship the chickens have with the farm can be likened to the process of fractionation where cells are ground in homogenizer. Because cell processes are dynamic, individual organelles won"t work for long once system is disrupted.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers