POLI 101 Lecture Notes - Lecture 4: Human Security, Racial Profiling, Korean War

49 views2 pages
School
Course
Professor

Document Summary

While canadian foreign policy initially controlled by the imperial parliament in london, fledgling canadian state still had powerful levers under its control most notably choosing level of involvement. Canadian (and other dominions) involvement in first world war established them as full members of international community signed treaty of versailles. After statue of westminster in 1931 canada able to fully participate in international setting. Prior to this, canada a founding member of the league of nations. Canada involved in formal and informal international organizations in every inhabited continent. Ca(cid:374)ada"s i(cid:374)terests spa(cid:374) e(cid:448)ery i(cid:374)ha(cid:271)ited (cid:272)o(cid:374)ti(cid:374)e(cid:374)t gi(cid:448)i(cid:374)g ca(cid:374)ada a glo(cid:271)al perspe(cid:272)ti(cid:448)e from a very geographically isolated position. Ca(cid:374)ada a (cid:862)(cid:373)iddle po(cid:449)er(cid:863) a(cid:374)d prefers (cid:373)ultilateral as opposed to unilateral approaches. Canada supports stability in order to create space for trade common thread in. Canadian fp is belief that open markets bring peace. Canada willing to work with established international organizations or with ad hoc groups of countries.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers