VISA 183 Lecture Notes - Lecture 1: Vancouver Art Gallery, Korean Cultural Center, Lee Bul

310 views1 pages
5 Jul 2016
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Lee bul: ikon birmingham 10 september to 9 november. I was interested in this article because i recently visited the lee bul exhibit at the vancouver art gallery this past fall, which i found quite interesting. In this exhibit, bul"s large-scale models of imaginary cities created a sense of futuristic, almost utopic, formations of the cities indicative of bul"s interpretations of architectural modes. What makes his complex formations utopic are his depictions impossible fairy-tale towers, creating a novelty/dream world. Alternatively, what makes these same formations dystopian are the dead ends of pathways, such as freeways and planes of mud. Bul"s prediction of the fate of our already established civilizations, while in some sense, bright, is ultimately contradictory and cynical due to his nonuniform, overwhelming version of a city. Noted as lo-fi, 90"s inspired house music, fka twigs richard d. james pushes the rules of the underground music scene.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers