Commerce
Course
com 240
Professor
Charles Scott
Semester
Winter

Description
standard markup pricing entails adding a fixed percentage to the cost of all items in a specific product class. typically, this strategy is used when a store has such a large number of products that estimating the demand for each product as a means of setting price is impossible. cost-plus pricing involves summing the total unit cost of providing a product or service and adding a specific amount to arrive at a price. cost-plus pricing generally assumes two forms: cost-plus-percentage-of-cost-pricing involves adding a fixed percentage to the production or construction costs. cost-plus-fixed-fee pricing means that a supplier is reimbursed for all costs plus a fixed fee as profit that is independent of the final cost of the project. experience curve pricing is based on the learning curve effect which holds that the unit cost of many products and services decline by 10% to 30% each time a firm's experience at producing and selling them doubles. since prices often follow costs with experience curve pricing, a rapid decline in price is possible. profit-oriented approaches profit-oriented approaches attempt to balance both revenues and costs to set price. these might either involve a target of a specific dollar volume of profit or express this target profit as a percentage of sales or investment. the four unique elements are sometimes referred to as the four i’s of services. intangibility is a unique feature of services in that services cannot be held, touched, or seen before purchase. a major marketing need for services is to make them tangible or show the benefits of using the service. inconsistency, the second "i", refers to the fact that service quality varies. services are provided by people who have different capabilities and also vary in their job performance from day to day. inconsistency can be reduced through standardization and training. inseparability refers to the fact that the consumer does not (and cannot) separate the service from the deliverer of the service. inventory of services, the fourth "i", highlights the fact that inventory carrying costs are more subjective and related to idle pro
More Less

Related notes for com 240

OR

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit