Management of the Enterprise
September 13 2011
Chapter 3: Competing in Global Markets
The Global Market
- Globalization : Companies manufacture, finance and market worldwide.
- Canada represents a potential market of only 33.6million customers.
- There are 6.8billion potential customers.
International Trade: Terminology
- Dumping : selling cheaper in foreign markets than at home.
- Protectionism: using government regulations to keep foreign goods out.
- Social Policy: a political strategy of doing something significantly towards the population.
Manages the population.
- Balance of Trade: the relationship between exports and imports.
- Balance of Payments:the difference between money coming into a country (from exports)
and money leaving the country (for