Education
Course
EDUC 3610
Professor
Nick Scarfo
Semester
Fall

Description
November 14, 2012  Corporal punishment o Immediate compliance o Moral internalization o Aggression o Anti-social behaviour o Mental health o Adult abusive behaviour  Positive and safe climate -> to be promoted at schools - to make everyone feel welcomed  Progressive discipline -> BUMPS (looked at in classroom management)  What should I do and not do if a child comes to me with an allegation of child abuse? o Should  Assure them that they did the right thing by telling you  Record notes about the encounter afterward  Don't convict, or make judgment -> just make observations and report -> don't reason or deliberate -> don't probe either -> but you can say, "What do you mean?"  Just listen and take note of it objectively  Talk to VP or Principal  Listen supportively, objectively, and calmly  Get basic information in case you need to report (name, address, generally what happened)  Find out your board's child abuse allegation procedures  Consult with a principal or supervisor but remember the obligation to report to eh Children's Aid Society is yours  Remember that if you are in doubt, the welfare of the child is the decisive criterion o Should not  Don't promise to keep it
More Less

Related notes for EDUC 3610

OR

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit