Globalization & Production
- Economic life as “essentially based on the broader organization of society.”
- Anthropologists aim to produce an understanding of the economy that has
people in it
- How does a social group produce what it wants, needs and desires?
- How are those goods exchanged?
- How are those goods consumed?
Anthropologists Interested in:
- What people do and think, both as workers or consumers in economies
- Universal history of humanity, in its past, present and future; and their
examples are drawn from all over the world
The Halo Effect: the phenomenon whereby we assume that because people are
good at doing A they will be good at doing B, C and D (or the reverse – because they
are bad at A they will be bad at doing B, C and D).
- A cognitive bias in which our judgments of a person’s character can be
influenced by our overa