THE BIRTH OF PSYCHIATRY▯
8 CAUSES OF MENTAL ILLNESS
- Social Environment
- Irregular way of life
- Spasmodic passions (individual who experiences great deal of rage or fright)
- Oppressive passions (individual who is overcome with feelings of grief, remorse, fear)
- Gay passions (homosexual act)
- Melancholic constitution
- Physical factors (idea that individual experiences high fever for long time, could lead to MI)▯
PINEL’S CLASSIFICATION BASED ON SYMPTOMS
- Melancholia: (someone who tends to be individual who becomes obsessed with certain ideas.
they tend to be individuals who will ruminate about something. overanalyze everything. can be
mute. retreat from world. feelings of sadness/guilt) depression today.
- Dementia: (schizophrenia)
- Idiocy: (no intellect at