More assignment info!
Analyze the settlement system, urbanization, occupational
specialization of the Indus Valley and the monumental arch. /
architecture of the Indus Valley.
1. How is the Indus Valley similar or different to other states and
empires? Such as those of Mesopotamia and the Nile Valley.
Topic 9: Complex Dociety in Southeast (Cambodia) & East Asia (china)
Indus Valley : dates from 3200 to 1700 BC
Remember: Chiefdoms 3200 to 2700 BC
States 2700 to 1700 BC
This covers both East Pakistan and West India
Early Harappan (Indus Valley) - dates from 3200 to 1700 BC – this was
during the era of regionalization.
State Period: Mature Harappan 2700 to 1700 BC ** focus on this time
- this was during the era of regionalization.
- Kot Diji
- Chiefdoms existed at this point
- there was no historical connection to this time
- known as the “era of Integration”
- its settlement system infers that it was a “territorial state”
- its cultural and political control extended to over 1.3 million
- consisted of a 4-tier hierarchy: large cities, small cities, towns
- massive cities (Mohenjodaro, Harrapa and D