Solar System Astronomy
u of t blackboard syllabus
go to portal and find course contents
course materials for last year tests
Astronomy was a golden age :
• Huge telescopes (able to view light not visible on atmosphere) on earth and space,
satellites (around other plants like Saturn) and rovers (used to studies at different levels
on the planet, like one Mars arrived last month)so we can learn more
• To study Earth and its general properties
• study things outside earth like moon
• then more distant like the comets
What should I learn?
• Don't on focus on facts? like distance ect.
• Focus on how do we know?
• Look for logical connections, and where does it lead us? (Follow the trail
• Global Warmingmethod used to calculate average temperature over last 1000 years, you
can see temperature increase