Lecture 1- Embryonic development
- The first cleavage division after fertilization produces two daughter cells called
- Difference between morula and early blastocyst- latter is a fluid filled cavity.
- The blastocyst is what implants itself on the uterine wall.
- From week 3-8, folding of occurs. Formation of a round tube
- Weeks 4-8- formation of human characteristics
- By week 8 sex specific development begins.
- Embryological development period- day 1 to day 51.
- Fetal developmental period- day 52 to birth.
- Hypoblast + epiblast = ultimately form the embryo