- Combination of BASE and suffix ( the two elementsare treated together)
- Ex: biology - BI/o/LOG/y
- should always be subdivided into their constituent elements,with meanings given for each
element and then also for the whole
- Ex: the verb RUN - to make this a noun, add a suffix = RUNNER
- Suffixes that are used to derive nouns from other words - most notably verbs
- In other words, these suffixes tell us that the word is a noun!
- There are 160 BASES you should be familiar with!
- There are nearly 400 Greek BASES introduced in Ayers lessons 1-20
How to remember Greek Bases
- Group according to OPPOSITES, SIMILARITIES (note possible confusion), BODY PARTS/