What is Globalization?
• An increased interconnectedness(compressionof space and time) and exchange as a result of
the intensification of the circulation of capital, ideas, people, goods, media, and images...
• Processes occurs at multiple levels, resulting in change
○ Economic:expanse, more profit, corporationsthat can easily relocate
○ Politics: increase of power, world trade of organization
○ Technological:increase connectednessb/c of technology
○ Cultural: increase knowledge of accessible culture
• Increased knowledge and access to world cultures
• sharing of and access to diversity
○ Examples:Interest in world music, foods, telenovelas,travel
• Potential to improve human conditions
Cultural Imperialismand Homogenization
• When another culture forces itself into another culture
• Results in homogenizationof culture, economics
The global and local
- Local adaption
- Alternative flows
Can Bollywoodgo Global?
Issues and debates
Changes in political economyof Hindi filmmaking Song sequences as cultural alterity
-"corporatization"of Hindi filmmaking - (difference)