Is an occurance that casues damage ecological disruption loss of human life,
deterioration of health and health services on scale sufficient to warrant an
extraordinary response from outside the affected community.
1) there should be extraordinary magnitude of harm
2) should be ecological and eviromental disruption
3) dsiproprtion of vulnerable communities
4) demands response that exceed the communities abilities
5) necessity for outside assistance.
Classification of Diasters:
Accidental: (train derails, arirplane crashes)
Closed: number of vistims and identity relatively certain (airplane crash)
Open: unknown number of victims and identity (bombing)
Hydro-meteorological disaster: include weather related events
Intentional or non-intentional acts of violent acts of terrorism, declared war, and
ethnic conflict. Technological disasters can also occur where technology fails
because of humans.
Predisater planning, preparedness, public education.
Prediction and early warning
Damage assessment and relief management plans.
Classification of Aircraft crashes:
Low altitude plane crash: plane crashes during landing or take off