FSC239Y5 Lecture Notes - Viscosity
This preview shows half of the first page. to view the full 2 pages of the document.
Bloodstain Pattern Analysis (BPA)
Guest Speaker: Constable from Niagra Police Force
- Study of size and location of bloodstains, to determine physical events which gave rise to
- Genesis = chapter 4
- Magna carta (Jamanic Law)
- 1936: Charlie Chan
- 1939: Balthazard – a research paper before WWIII
- 1971 – first published textbook (forensics)
- 1983: International Association of Bloodstain Pattern Analysis
- Blood: connective tissue that consists of cells suspended in a liquid matrix.
oAverage adult has 5 litres of blood (over 5 quarts) of continuously circulating
oSolid in blood: white/red blood cells and platelets
oSerum – plasma (90% H2O)
oBlood – 49.5% is water
- Surface Tension:
oProperty that results of the cohesive forces between the molecules of the liquid
oFluids lack the ability to support a shearing stress (can be poured) ; very viscous
fluids have a high coefficient of viscosity. Viscosity can change with temperature.
- Droplet Osscilation
oInternal movements or deformations within the sphere of fluid in free flight relate
oCyclic to cause a range of ecurring deformations from the perfect sphere.
oThis results in a somewhat evenly distributed shape deformation.
You're Reading a Preview
Unlock to view full version