1. According to Freud, dreams and parapraxes have a sense: what does he mean?
2. According to Freud again, dreams resemble parapraxes in being compromises
between a disturbing purpose and a distrubed purpose. Please explain.
3. “The work of interpretation seeks to undo the dream-work” (210). Please
4. Dreams and wishes: please comment
5. Dreams-Freud thinks-involve a regression to childhood. Again, please
explain. Are you convinced?
-Exam day is April 18 : Wednesday at 1pm
-displacement (221): You displace its meaning to its contrary. (217): going to the
theatre and watching whats on the screen and its displacement is watching your
parents making love.
-AWESOME: means something is very good (it was a very good meal). Switched
meaning is displacement. The french word terrible can mean both good or bad
compared to the english equivalent which only means bad. The word incredible is
another word that can be used in both a good context and bad context. Words like
“sick” have different meanings (sick as in medically sick and sick as in good
3 achievements: codensation, displacement, transforming thoughts into visual im