• Conduction, convection, and radiation is a dry heat transfer ▯ most animals use this.
• Poikilothermy▯ Homeothermy and ectothermy▯ endothermy
• Heterothermy ▯ an animal that choses to change/flip its body temperature.
• [The heat producing fish] ▯ takes the temperature of the soroundign..
• The enzyme activity in Arctic animals.
• The rate of reaction of Acetocho. Binds to the enzyme.
Movements (in/out of the shade) ▯ allows it to cool it self. Differential exposure makes it easier to keep the body temperature
They survive extracellular freezing by allowing the extracellular fluid to freeze. It makes the tissues freeze.
Colligative▯ absorbs the properties simply by its presence and concentration.
1. Dissolved compounds that lower the freezing point
2. Production of specialized antifreeze chemical. ▯ binds to ice crystals.
Vodka [40%] ▯ doesn’t freeze
Beer [4%?] ▯ freezes because low concentration.
Hypothalamus is the body’s thermostat. It gets feedback from the receptors and neurons ▯ and it triggers mechanisms▯ effect▯
heat loss or gain.
The squirrel hypothalamus experiment ▯ only cools the hypothalamus tricking that the whole body is cold. It activates the
metabolic rate and made the body temperature to increase.
The set point ▯ the thermoregulatory point a▯ bove or below causes the imbalalance.
HEAT▯It activates heat loss centre in hypothalamus. The thermosnuetral zone ▯ ambient temperature that body temp is kept const and the matabolica rate is const too.