Tuesday March 11, 2014- Arab Poetry
• Etel Adnan post war of Lebanon, her work. Very good and old ArabAmerican
• Artistic production and performance is all that she felt she could do. Her poetry is
about embracing chaos as part of reality
• My body is not your battleground About triumph and battle, she is not about
loss and defiance, she wants to avoid being pigeonholed somewhere.
Does not want to be stereotyped. Search for freedom and declaration of
subjectivity. My breasts do not want to leave revolutions, she is claiming
them. They are hers and she is free to do anything, she does not want to
have a label on them. Someone claiming her own entity, as a symbol of
her own freedom.
• Using religious terminology to talk about something personal, religious vs.
secular. Private vs.comunal-past/present.
• Her body is not a war, does not want it to be a subject of the debate.
• Notice her duality hair is c