1. When Melanie gets depressed she eats a bag of chips . She then forces herself to
vomit when she gets concerned about her gaining weight. She is suffering from:
2. Buying lottery tickets with the hopes that it will earn big eventually is an example of
which type of schedules of reinforcement? Variable ratio schedule.
3. In which phase of the human response cycle does the heart rate and muscle tension
increase further? Plateau
4. After hearing a humours joke Jake responds with a smile rather than a laugh. Jakes
emotion conforms to which display rule? Deintesification
5. Amanda tries to look less sad by giving a small smile. Amanda is using which technique
to control her emotion expression? Masking
6. Herman ebingaus, conducted some of the first experiments as he sought out to
investigate memory and the association between remembering and forgetting
7. Cases where you studying one person, what is this study called? Case study
8. Any behaviour that is followed by a pleasant outcome is likely to be repeated than
behaviours that produce unpleasant outcomes are termed as: LAW OF EFFECT.
9. DISPLAY RULES are the norms of the control of emotional expression
10.When tissue is damaged, how do the A delta fibers and C fibers signal pain? A -delta
fibers transmit sharp initially but C fibers cause the longer throbbing pain.
11.MIRROR NEURONS is a neural component that plays a critical role in imitating
behaviour and prediction of future behaviours.
12.FMRI studies examing inactive or resting states of consciousness suggest that our neural
patterning during these moments is ACTIVE.
13.Using Gmail to organize all dates, appointments, tests. These aids prevent your
absentmindess may be seen as assisting your prospective memory system.
Remembering to do things in the future.
14.What do we call the difference in electric charge between the inside and outside of a
neurons cell membrane? What is the approximate value and charge of this difference
when inside? RESTING POTENTIAL AND -70MV
15.Emotions can be mapped on which two dimensions? Valence-how positive or
negative an experience is and arousal- how active or passive an experience is.
16.Studies of self-consciousness in humans and apes used what object to get at the
behaviours associated with self-consciousness? Mirrors
17.Which part of the brain is critical for both race and delay conditioning? Cerebellum
18.The purpose for psychological cause of an action is referred to as motivation
19.APPROACH motivation is a motivation to experience positive outcome while
motivation to not experience negative outcome is a avoidance motivation
20.Sincere expressions last between half a second to 5 seconds
21.Within a cell there are 23 pairs of CHROMOSOMES, and these structures have
thousands of genes that are sections of DNA.
22.The six universal facial expressions of emotions are ang