GASB67H3 Week 3: Lecture Notes Jan 25 2013
Email: [email protected]
- The bull is note associated with the Buddha in the Buddha’s writing. Came from the pre- Buddha
- Natural portrait of the bull
- Four lions, each lion faces different direction
- The wheel design, called Dharma Chakra.
- Persian Art, Persia= modern day Iran
- Original piece has a Dharma Chakra on top,
Early Rock- Cut Sanchtuaries
Lomas Rsi Cave Barabar Hills
- Sanchtuaries, for monks in the rainy season
- Early buildings were made out of wood, the first 2 floors of Buddha’s temple were made of wood,
but it doesn't last.
- A crocodile’s tail and body, elephant’s trunk. Always associated with war in pre- Buddha.
- Makara, is for this particular composition of animal
- No paintings,