Organizational analysis: trumpet magazine
- Trumpet is published by the Philadelphia church of god created and published the article.
- The magazine has a religious overtone. Titles of articles include “the way of a Christian”
- “children of married parents do better than children of single parent families”
- What is the position of the organization and how does that influence the perception of the
- How does this reflect organizational analysis? There exposing certain values, and those values
happen to be those of Christianity. They are well funded, as well
- Pragmatic analysis refers to policy and regulation:
- Organizational motivations of the voices that are in the media
Pragmatic analysis is related to policy analysis
- Policy analysis: what are the policies and regulations as they pertain to media
Case Study : violence and phones
- How social media fuels social unrest ?
- The use of cellphones in Britain.
Do we need a technology of encryption for our cell phone communication? Is this something of benefit
- Phones should only be incripted as a business only application, to prevent people from hacking
into phones to prevent others from stealing business models etc.
- The company is unable to disclose private information of users to other people , even when they
are committing a crime (bbm it to a person etc)
- Blackberry has no right to reveal the private information of its users
- Is there particular policies that have a bias ?
o Child avatars, and adults pretending to be children for the purpose of having online sex
o Restriction: there will be a certain point where the fulfillment that arises from cyber sex
will not be satisfying , hence the person can go too far with the game, and emulate such
actions In the real world.
o So , ones actions in the virtual world could get carried into the real world
o Does video game violence contribute to violence or is it just entertainment?
If virtual violence doesn’t beget violence, than virtual pedophilia doesn’t beget
Its very difficult to regulate a fantasy and an imaginary world. To regulate it you
need to regulate the imagination, and that’s almost impossible to do
A habit can be difficult to break and theres a fine line between the virtual world
Another argument posits that there is a lot of pornographic material on the