Good slides: Big photograph, the rule of third(in a painting, photo or design
compositional elements should placed along the columns, or the intersections,
of a 3 x 3 matrix)
The rule of thirds: a rule of thumb for calculating
The golden ratio: known since acient times; found in nature/math; widely used
in most arts and sciences
Don’t read the slides! The audience will pay more attention!
Full block letter Semi or Modified Block Letter What is storytelling? The construction of meaning that links to business.
- PAIBOC and persuasion/influence
- Focus on YOU, Benefits & Objections
Why stories? Because it explains our world. Human beings make sense of the
world through stories. We tell, listen, think, and frame our understanding
- They unite an idea with an emotion.
- In a story, you not only weave a lot of information into the telling but you
also arouse your listener’s emotions and energy
- Stories are what people remember; we tend to forget lists and bullet points
- Human beings naturally want to work through stories
We work and interact with other people through stories
Why business stories work?
- They link facts, ideas and information to human experience and emotions
- We remember information and knowledge better through stories; we tend
to forget lists and bullet points
Stories and Personal
- “I am not an object, therefore I am not objective. I am a person, therefore I
Stories take many forms :
1. Narrative(when we talk, when we explains something)
2. Ceremonies(retirement party, catholic church)
3. Rituals(things we do again and agian)
4. Design(wear red everyday)
5. Space(bank: trying to say your money is safe with us. They can afford you;
6. Signs (let people know where the company exists)
7. Signals(expensive pen= same economic level)
- They teach and Inspire
- They are about the Past and about the Future.
- They are about Who We Are and about our Identity.
Stories are about Other people, about Work itself …about Organizations and
Stories facilitate Relationship Building and Social Bonding.
Stories about Other People: reliability, trust, knowledge,reference
Stories about Work, Organizations and institutions: tacit knowledge, learning,
culture, values Stories about Relationships and Social Bonding: ritualized speech, reality is
socially constructed, sig