• Laws of Learning:
◦ Law of Effect: People learn best under pleasant and rewarding conditions.
◦ Law of Frequency: The more often a learner practices a trained behavior, the
more likely he or she will continue to use the desired behavior accurately.
◦ Law of Association: New facts, ideas, concepts, and behaviors are best learned
when the learner can relate them to something already known.
◦ Law of Readiness: Learning is more likely to occur when what is being taught is
something that the learner need to learn at that time – when the learner is mentally
and physically ready to learn.
• Andragogy Versus Pedagogy: Andragogy is the science and art of teaching adults.
Pedagogy is the science and art of teaching children.
◦ Andragogical Training Assumptions
• Andragogical Training Applications:
◦ Make Training Relevant: training must be relevant.
◦ Draw on Trainees’ Experiences: must use experiences in order to show how to