Chapter 4 Outline
• How to Write Training Objectives: a training objective is a concise statement of what
trainees will be able to do once the training is complete.
◦ Distinguish between training goals and training objectives:
▪ Objective is a more specific outcome.
▪ Goals are a more general statement of what the outcome may be.
◦ Identify the Training Skill Outcomes: you do this with a gap analysis to figure
out what skills are necessary and what the trainees do not perform.
◦ Develop Observable, Measurable, Attainable, and Specific Objectives:
▪ Objectives should be observable: training objective should specify
behavior that can be observed.
▪ Objectives should be measureable: should be able to access how
accurately the behavior was performed.
▪ Objectives should be attainable: objectives should be reachable to the
trainee with their given background and abilities.
▪ Objectives should be specific: make sure objectives are specific rather
• How to Design a Curriculum:
◦ First Things First: Teach the Skill in Chronological Order: this organizes
information in a sequence. What someone will perform first is what should be
◦ Easy D