Lecture 9 and 10-Affirmative Action Mar 4
This preview shows half of the first page. to view the full 1 pages of the document.
Black police in a black area, is this justifiable?
- yes, cuz they are more effective
- but black cops they shut the door for certain positions that would otherwise be offered
to the white
- the blacks have to show that they are doing their job
- the ppl who we are trying to repay are (women and ppl of color) in the past, victims of
prejudice in corporations, schools, the point of having affirmative action (laws and
policies) is to pay them back.
Æ But many are longer alive, so are we really paying them back? ,W¶VLPSRVVLEOHWR
- the ppl who were harmed were harmed as individuals
1) bring the pollute into the market
2) bring the pollute into the legal system
3) bring the polluter into the market
4) bring the polluter into the legal system
polluting it. >:DOWHU¶V7KHRU\@
Æ you need someone who knows that if his property (his part of the ocean) is destroyed,
it devalues his property
ill sue you [ but you need an international gov body to regulate it]
well just come up with laws to keep the ocean clean
You're Reading a Preview
Unlock to view full version